Thursday, December 6, 2007

Dick Van Dyke Caricature

It has been quite some time since I have drawn any caricatures. This is something I love to do, so I really need to make the time to draw more often. I started out with a brush pen but then decided it needed more so I went in with a smaller ink pen and added some shading to it. I am not sure the thinner pen works with the thickness of the brush pen. Also, I have not used an ink pen for shading in a very long time. I think this is something I should practice. This was done in my cheapy sketch journal that I bought from Target. I thought about adding some water colors to it but I am not sure how the pages will hold up. Maybe I should try a page in the back to test it.


4 comments:

juj said...

This is just fabulous!! I would LOVE to see you do more - your have quite a talent for it.

juj said...

ps - please consider linking your pictures to an enlarged version. It would be great to be able to look at all the yummy details...

Deborah said...

This is great! I like the contrast between the thick outline and the thinner shading lines.

Unknown said...

This is excellent! You really captured him recognizably! [Is that even a word?]